Whether you’re popping the question this year, celebrating an anniversary or simply looking forward to some quality time with your favourite person in the world, we’ve got you covered. Here’s why.
1. It’s a meaningful place to celebrate love
At Maropeng, you’re celebrating your love at a place where we are on a quest to understand where life as we know it began. Before there were roses and candlelit dinners, our ancestors had the stars, fires and each other.
The Cradle of Humankind has produced some of the world’s oldest evidence of the first controlled use of fire. It was around fires that civilisation as we know it was born. The use of fire helped our ancestors survive. It provided heat, light, shelter and protection from predators, and enabled them to cook and preserve food, and perhaps also sparked language and culture.
If you think about it, our modern concept of love would not be possible without these first sparks.
2. It’s the perfect place for reflection and quality time
It’s quiet out here. So quiet that you’ll barely believe you’re not that far from the hustle and bustle of Johannesburg and Pretoria. Our boutique hotel has beautiful views of the Magaliesberg and Witwatersberg mountain ranges. It’s the perfect setting to relax, enjoy good food, wine and conversation and make some happy memories. At night under the stars there are few places in Gauteng that offer a more romantic setting.
3. You can take advantage of our Valentine’s Day special
We’re offering a rate of just R4 000 per couple for a two-night stay (14 to 16 February) at the Maropeng Boutique Hotel. This includes:
- Dinner (both nights), bed and a champagne breakfast on Sunday (16 February) at the Maropeng Boutique Hotel
- A romantic turndown with rose petals and chocolates
- A tour of the Maropeng Visitor Centre for two
Please note our terms and conditions below:
- This offer is valid from 14 to 16 February 2020 only
- It’s only valid for stays that are a minimum of two nights
- Full prepayment is required to secure your reservation
- Reservations are based on availability
- This package does not include children. Children may be quoted additionally on request
- Dinner is based on a three-course set menu
- Drinks are not included in this package
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your booking. Or call 014 557 9000.