WIN A TRIP FOR YOUR CLASS TO MAROPENG WITH HARRY THE HOMINID
Fancy going on a journey of discovery? Maropeng is giving learners the opportunity to win a tour for their class of 60 to the award-winning tourist attraction, the Maropeng Visitor Centre.
What better place to learn about the origins of humankind than where it all began, the Cradle of Humankind.
All you need to do is get inventive and create a portrait of Maropeng’s much-loved mascot and busiest tweeter, Harry the Hominid. You need only show his face. Harry’s face represents our journey from hominid to modern-day human.
Most important, be creative! Our ancient ancestors were innovative in their solutions for survival – and we are looking for exceptionally creative entries. You can paint, make a collage or use any kind of material to create the picture of Harry’s face.
When Harry is not welcoming visitors to Maropeng, and making lots of new friends in the process, he can be found tweeting! One of his most important jobs is to keep everyone updated on Maropeng’s news and specials. Follow @harrythehominid and you’ll see what I mean.
Photograph or scan your portrait and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Name of school and contact
• Teacher’s name
• Answer this simple question: What do you think humans need to focus on to make the world a better place?
Terms and conditions:
• This competition closes on May 31, 2012.
• The prize is valid until December 31, 2012.
• Four runners-up will each win four tickets to Maropeng for their family.
• This competition is open to Grade 7 – 12 learners.
• The prize includes tickets to Maropeng only. Schools are responsible for their own transport and food costs.
• The judges' decision is final.
COMPILED ON BEHALF OF MAROPENG BY CATHY FINDLEY PUBLIC RELATIONS. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT NICOLLE KAIRUZ ON (011) 463 6372 OR NICOLLE@FINDLEYPR.CO.ZA.