Download the Cradle of Humankind app today
Have you checked out the new Cradle of Humankind app? You haven't? Then best you download it for free today to explore this remarkable World Heritage Site virtually before you experience it in the flesh.
This brand-new, savvy, interactive visitor app offers everything you need to help you navigate the Cradle of Humankind. It boasts numerous experiences in the area to choose from as well as all the functions you might need: from navigation capabilities to pre-booking and itinerary development features. Cycling and hiking routes are also provided, as is social media share functionality, enabling your friends and family to follow your adventures online.
The app divides the Cradle's many offerings into eight useful sections:
- Stones and bones. The Cradle is home to several world-renowned educational hubs, including Maropeng, the Sterkfontein Caves and the Wonder Caves. Be sure to spend as much time at these sites as you can – they offer a wealth of knowledge about the secrets of our ancestry
- Wine and dine. There's something for every culinary persuasion and every pocket in the Cradle, from five-star boutique restaurants to earthy craft breweries. Many venues offer views of the exquisite and endless surroundings, ensuring that your breakfasts, lunches and dinners are satisfying for both stomach and soul
- Adrenaline pumping. Like getting your heart racing? Use the app to explore the Cradle's heart-stopping adventure offerings, from hot-air balloon flights to canopy tours and off-road cycling
- Wildlife wonders. Learn all about the animals that call this place home. There's the well-regarded Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve, the Elephant Sanctuary, the Monkey Sanctuary and the Ann van Dyk Cheetah Centre, to name just a few
- Culture and craft. Explore the Cradle's rich cultural sites through the app. The Dietmar Wiening Gallery, for example, offers beautiful bronze sculptures of birds and fish, while the Lesedi Cultural Village comprises five traditional homesteads of the Zulu, Xhosa, Pedi, Basotho and Ndebele people
- Spend the night. The app provides a comprehensive listing of the Cradle's many accommodation options, ranging from absolute luxury to cosy cottage living. Many of the options include spas and leisure opportunities such as fly-fishing and game viewing
- Meet and greet. The Cradle has a number of conferencing and events venues. Get the low-down on all of the options available, whether you're looking for space for a private, intimate gathering or something larger for a corporate getaway
- Wedding bells. When it comes to getting hitched, look no further than the Cradle, where the venues cater to your every need and want, ensuring your day is precisely what you imagined it to be
Download the Cradle of Humankind app today to explore this magnificent site.